Thank you for using the services of Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners, LLC and its subsidiaries, partners and affiliates (which may include designations such as “we”, “us”, or “Neighborhood Trust” within this document and the application, and on our website and related marketing materials.) Our services are provided expressly for the purposes of financial capability building on behalf of employees of our partners, and other clients enrolled with us directly.
The terms contained in this document (the “Terms of Service”), apply to all individuals who use Neighborhood Trust web applications, set up an account with Neighborhood Trust, or otherwise utilize Neighborhood Trust’s services (each a “User”).
By using Neighborhood Trust web applications, setting up an account with Neighborhood Trust, and agreeing to abide by our Terms of Service, you assent and agree completely to the receipt of the services provided by Neighborhood Trust and, in each case, according to the terms contained in the Terms of Service.
The sole purpose of our services is to assist Users in building financial capability, including but not limited to cash flow management, financial product selection, budget and expense analysis, and general financial advice.
Your Right to Opt-Out:
Participation in these services is voluntary, and you can revoke any of the permissions within this document at any time, including before your participation in these services begins, by notifying Neighborhood Trust in writing. Please refer to the end of this document for information on how to contact us.
Credit Report Authorization:
When you agree to the Terms of Service and click “Get My Credit Report”, you give Neighborhood Trust permission to obtain your credit report from any of the three credit reporting agencies for the duration of your engagement in our services and for up to 26 months thereafter, for program evaluation purposes. Your score will not be affected.
Limited License: Neighborhood Trust is providing you with a revocable usage license to use the application for approved site uses. All terms, copyrights, trademarks, and intellectual property utilized herein remain the exclusive and sole property of Neighborhood Trust.
Approved Uses: our services are provided to offer actionable financial guidance. The application may only be used to that end. It may only be used by approved and invited Users at Neighborhood Trust’s discretion.
Decency: Users will not use profane, derogatory or disrespectful language in their submissions to and correspondence within the application. Neighborhood Trust may suspend or ban any User account that in its view does not correspond in accordance.
Legality: Users will not use the service in a way that violates any state, federal or international laws or treaties.
Commercial Use: Users will not use our services nor any of its parts or features to generate commercial revenue without the express written consent of Neighborhood Trust.
Automated Use: Users will not employ scrapers, bots, malware or any other automated means to get data from, infect, attack or otherwise exploit the business of Neighborhood Trust.
Secure Use: Users will not share, post, or otherwise leak their security credentials. If there is a breach in security, User will notify us at once.
Age Restrictions: In order to use Neighborhood Trust’s services you must be 18 years of age or older.
Notices and Messages: Users will receive notifications, alerts, and other communications from us related to the business purposes of the application. These may be received by email, SMS, MMS, telephone calls, or by other means.
Disclaimer and Indemnification:
Users agree that Neighborhood Trust offers no warranty for any particular purpose, and that the application is provided “as is” without any assurances or representations. Users agree that the services provided by Neighborhood Trust are informational in nature, and are not to be interpreted as the provision of legal, tax, or definitive financial advice. Except in cases of Neighborhood Trust’s willful misconduct or gross negligence, Neighborhood Trust shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or punitive damages suffered, or any costs or expenses incurred by any person, of any kind, from any cause whatsoever, including the services contemplated by these Terms of Service, including such damages arising out of or related to any breach of these Terms of Service, whether such liability is asserted on the basis of contract, tort, or otherwise, whether or not foreseeable, even if Neighborhood Trust has been advised or were aware of the possibility of such loss or damage.
You agree to indemnify and hold Neighborhood Trust and its members, officers, directors, employees, agents, third-party service providers, subsidiaries, partners, affiliates, successors, and assigns harmless from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, deficiencies, obligations, claims, costs, and expenses incurred or suffered as a result, direct or indirect (including, but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees and other costs and expenses incurred from the investigation and defense of any claim), from any usage of the application or from use of the services provided by Neighborhood Trust, except for such losses that directly result from a material breach of these terms and provisions by reason of Neighborhood Trust’s willful misconduct or gross negligence.
Change and Termination: Neighborhood Trust may modify or update these Terms of Service as needed and desired. Your usage after any update constitutes continued agreement. We can also terminate the agreement with any User in the event the User violates these terms in our judgement.
Personal Mobile Phone Usage/Data Plan: This is a voluntary benefit; any mobile phone usage/data used to engage with the program will not be reimbursed by your employer or Neighborhood Trust.
Governing Law: You agree that all terms and provisions, hereof, shall be governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the state of New York.
Neighborhood Trust takes your privacy very seriously. Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
Information You Provide:
Throughout the course of using Neighborhood Trust services, Neighborhood Trust may collect and store information you enter on our website or information provided to us during a coaching session or in some other manner. This includes Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”), including but not limited to:
- Social security numbers
- Address and contact information
- Date of birth
- Demographic information
- Income and expenses
- Bank account and balance information
- Information from the credit reporting agencies
How We Use the Information We Collect:
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services, or content offered by others;
- Aggregate data such as the anonymous personal financial data you may enter into our tools. This aggregate information does not identify particular Users or otherwise allow anyone to recover sensitive information about individual Users.
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone, and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Enforce our terms and conditions;
- Manage our business; and
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Disclosure to Third Parties: Other than the exceptions stated below, Neighborhood Trust pledges to not transfer your PII to any third party. We share PII and other information collected via our services with other companies or individuals as follows:
- When they help us operate our business, such as vendors and cloud providers who assist us with data storage, customer communication, outcome tracking, and analytics;
- With third parties if we have a good faith belief that access, use, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or an enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce the applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Neighborhood Trust, its Users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- With any of our subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us, in which case we will require them to honor this policy. Additionally, in the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your PII may be among the assets transferred.
- If you are participating in an employer-sponsored benefit program, and if requested, we may share your name with your employer but will not share individual financial information.
- Your financial information may be aggregated with others and shared with your employer for reporting and evaluation purposes only.
- Aggregated information may be shared with third parties for research, evaluation, and other reasonable purposes.
- We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
When you are no longer our customer, we may continue to share your information as described in this notice.
California residents: We will not share your personal information with our affiliates for their independent business purposes or with our joint marketing partners without first giving you additional privacy choices.
Vermont residents: We will not disclose information about your creditworthiness to our affiliates and will not disclose your personal information, financial information, credit report, or health information to nonaffiliated third parties to market to you, other than as permitted by Vermont law, unless you authorize us to make those disclosures. Additional information concerning our privacy policies can be found at www.neighborhoodtrust.org/terms-of-service-and-privacy-policy or call 800-927-8772.
You have the right to opt-out of the disclosure of any of the nonpublic personal information as stated above by notifying Neighborhood Trust in writing. In some instances, we may no longer be able to provide our services to you.
Please see the contact information at the bottom of this document to opt-out.
Information Security: We take reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include encryption, internal reviews of our data collection, best physical and digital storage and processing practices and security measures, keeping up to date with patches on all relevant software, as well as working with reliable cloud providers to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
Our failure to enforce any provision of these Terms of Service shall not be construed as a waiver of that provision or any other provision. No waiver shall be effective against us unless made in writing, and no such waiver shall be construed as a waiver in any other or subsequent instance. Except as expressly agreed by us and you in writing, these Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter, and supersedes all previous or contemporaneous agreements, whether written or oral, between the parties with respect to the subject matter. These Terms of Service will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns, licensees, and sublicenses.
How to contact us:
Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners
530 West 166th St, 4th floor
New York, NY 10032