- January 22 – Poptech! writes an in depth feature on Neighborhood Trust, CEO Justine Zinkin, and the Trust Card. Click here to read more.
- June 15 – Financial advisor Joseph Frewer is quoted by The New York Times article Bank Tool Is Expanding Unbanked Households, Regulators Say in reference to New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s investigation into ChexSystems, a banking database which hurts the un- and under-banked.
- June 16 – Neighborhood Trust financial advisor Michelle Morillo is quoted in this Daily News article about New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s efforts to aid the state’s un- and under-banked population.
- June 16 – Neighborhood Trust CEO Justine Zinkin is named ‘Visionary of the Week’ by Hearts On Fire.
- July 22 – A Neighborhood Trust client is featured in this New York Times article about the struggles of New York’s working poor, and the ways in which mainstream financial institutions are choosing to respond.
- September 18 – FastCompany writes about the innovation and rapid growth taking place at Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners, including our Trust Card and Employer Solution programs.
- September 19 – NerdWallet profiles the work of Neighborhood Trust Federal Credit Union, and its efforts to provide fair small business loans.
- October 7 – The Center for Financial Services Innovation profiles Neighborhood Trust, and our innovative new product PayGoal.
- November 10 – NerdWallet profiles the work of Neighborhood Trust Federal Credit Union to help their members get out from dangerous loan shark debt.
- December 11 – Neighborhood Trust CEO Justine Zinkin is featured in a video by The Center for Financial Services Innovation, which provides an overview of CFSI’s ‘Financial Capability Innovation Funds.’
Don’t forget to check out our video which profiles our work with clients at Five Guys burgers, and through our Getting Ahead program. Thanks to the Robin Hood Foundation for their support in making this video.