We carry out our mission of financial empowerment via a culture of integrity. We live our values with our extended community — our clients, customers, partners, funders and each other — to help create a more inclusive and just economy for working families.
Action. We make it happen.
- We prioritize action over prolonged deliberation.
- We take initiative and follow through on our commitments.
- We work hard and push through challenges that are big and real.
- We hold ourselves accountable for results.
Collaboration. Effective solutions require focus and teamwork, and are ecosystem-wide.
- We are self-aware and humble.
- We are experts in what we do and work across disciplines and sectors to create shared solutions.
- We use dialogue to create clarity.
Human Connection. Human connection is at the heart of our approach to creating systems-level change.
- We build trusted relationships, are curious and listen intently.
- We are empathetic and inclusive — we invite others in.
- We take accountability for the impact our actions have on others.
- We empower one another — with ownership and support — to achieve real results.
Transformation. Advancing a more just economy requires constant learning and challenging the status quo.
- We pursue wholesale new approaches to the problems we are solving.
- We are flexible, creative and comfortable with ambiguity.
- We challenge assumptions.
- We seek feedback, value diverse perspectives and embrace failures as opportunities for learning.
Transparency. We believe transparency is essential to building trust.
- We are candid and clear about what we do and about our intentions, assumptions, successes and failures.
- We speak up honestly, directly and productively.
- We use rigorous and creative data collection tools and analytics to uncover and articulate complex challenges and potential solutions.