If you have any questions or concerns about our information practices, please contact us at [email protected] or as otherwise set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
2. Information We Collect
Information You Provide
Throughout the course of using the Services, Neighborhood Trust may collect and store information you enter on our Website or information provided to us during a counseling session or in some other manner in connection with our provision of the Services. This includes Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”), including but not limited to:
- Social security numbers
- Address and contact information
- Date of birth
- Demographic information
- Income and expenses
- Bank account and balance information
- Information from the credit reporting agencies
Passive Data Collection
As a general matter, we automatically collect certain information based on your use of and behavior on the Website and in connection with the Services. We use this information to analyze our customers’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand and serve you and our customer base. We also analyze this information for security purposes, to protect the Services and customer information that we hold.
We collect passive data in the following ways:
Mobile Device Information. When you download or use our Website from a mobile device, we receive information about your mobile device. We register your device, and we may use the identifier to send you push notifications about your transactions via the Services.
- Log Files. Like most websites, we automatically receive and record certain information about our customers’ behavior on our Website and when using our Services. Our servers automatically gather technical information about our Website traffic and store it in log files. This information includes Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and other clickstream data. We aggregate this information with other pieces of information to analyze trends, to administer and improve the Services, for example to understand customers’ use of the Website and to make inventory and purchasing decisions that will best serve our customer base. Information from log files may also be used to determine general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Essential cookies. Essential cookies are required for providing you with features or services that you have requested. For example, certain cookies enable you to log into secure areas of our Services. Disabling these cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
- Functional cookies. Functional cookies are used to record your choices and settings regarding our Services, maintain your preferences over time and recognize you when you return to our Services. These cookies help us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Performance/analytical cookies. Performance/analytical cookies allow us to understand how visitors use our Services such as by collecting information about the number of visitors to the Services, what pages visitors view on our Services and how long visitors are viewing pages on the Services. Performance/analytical cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our campaigns and the Services’ content for those who engage with our advertising.
To find out more information about cookies, including information about how to manage and delete cookies, please visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
We may use web beacons or similar technologies, which help manage content on the Website and in the Services by tracking what content is effective. These technologies may be used to track the online movements of customers, but in contrast to cookies, which are stored on a computer hard drive, these technologies are embedded in the Website.
We may also use web beacons in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails recipients have opened. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Third Party Advertisers
If you prefer not to have your information used for the purpose of serving you personalized advertising, you may also learn more about your choices or change your preferences at https://optout.aboutads.info, https://optout.networkadvertising.org, https://preferences-mgr.truste.com, from Google at https://www.google.com/settings/ads or https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites, from Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/about/ads or https://www.facebook.com/policy.php, or if you are located in the European Union at https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
3. How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the Services that you have requested;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our Services or content available thereby, or products, services, or content offered by others;
- Aggregate data such as the anonymous personal financial data you may provide via the Website. This aggregate information does not identify particular Users or otherwise allow anyone to recover sensitive information about individual Users.
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone, and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Enforce our terms and conditions;
- Manage our business; and
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In addition, we may use aggregate, statistical, and de-identified data, which does not specifically identify any individuals, for any purpose.
4. How We Disclose Your Information
Disclosure to Third Parties: Other than the exceptions stated below, Neighborhood Trust pledges to not transfer your PII to any third party. We share PII and other information collected via our Services with other companies or individuals as follows:
- When they help us operate our business, such as vendors and cloud providers who assist us with data storage, customer communication, outcome tracking, and analytics;
- If requested, we may share your name with the organization that has connected you with the Services, but will not share your individual financial information.
- Your financial information may be aggregated with others’ financial information and shared with the organization that has connected you with this service for reporting and evaluation purposes only.
- PII that has been anonymized and aggregated may be shared with third parties for research, evaluation, and other internal business purposes.
- We do not sell your PII to third parties.
5. Third Party Websites
6. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended for or directed toward children under 13 years of age, and children should not use the Services for any purpose. If we learn that we have collected or received PII from a child under 13 years of age, we will delete that information
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has registered on the Website or you believe has otherwise provided PII to Neighborhood Trust, please contact us at [email protected] to have the account terminated and information deleted.
If you believe that we may have inadvertently collected any PII about a child aged 13 years or younger, please contact us at [email protected] or as provided in the “How to contact us” section below.
7. Your Choices
Accessing and requesting changes to your PII:
If you are a customer of Neighborhood Trust, you may review and change your PII through your customer account.
If you do not have a customer account with Neighborhood Trust, or if you cannot access or change any of your PII through your account, but you still wish to inquire about, access, correct, update or delete PII that we may hold about you, please email us at [email protected]. Please understand that, before responding to your request, we may ask you for additional information in order to verify your identity, or take other actions that we believe are appropriate in order to verify your identity.
Please also understand that we may not be able to alter or delete your PII and may retain information to provide you with requested services or fulfill obligations to you, for security reasons, if we are required under applicable law or regulations, for internal business use or for other valid reasons. We are also not obligated to comply with requests that are unreasonably burdensome or expensive, or with requests that would interfere with the rights of another individual. In some circumstances, we may charge a reasonable fee to fulfill your request.
If you would like to change the types of communications you receive from us or how you receive communications from us, or if you would like to opt out of promotional communications, you may do so at any time by updating the communication preferences provided in your customer account.
If you do not have a customer account, you may also use the unsubscribe links and instructions that will be present in any promotional emails or other communications that we send.
Please understand that, even if you opt out of marketing or promotional communications, we may continue to send non-promotional communications such as confirmations of transactions, changes to the Services or other information about your use of the Services.
“Do Not Track” Settings:
Our Website and Services are not at this time configured to read or respond to “do not track” settings or signals in your browser headings.
8. Notices to California Residents
We will not share your personal information with third parties for their independent business purposes or direct marketing purposes without first giving you the ability to provide affirmative consent to such sharing. If you have provided such consent, then California’s “Shine the Light” law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by us to a third party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
9. Notices to Vermont Residents
We will not disclose information about your creditworthiness to our affiliates and will not disclose your personal information, financial information, credit report, or health information to nonaffiliated third parties to market to you, other than as permitted by Vermont law, unless you authorize us to make those disclosures. Additional information concerning our privacy policies can be found at https://neighborhoodtrust.org/privacy-policy/ or call 800-927-8772.
You have the right to opt-out of the disclosure of any of the nonpublic personal information as stated above by notifying Neighborhood Trust in writing. In some instances, we may no longer be able to provide our services to you.
Please see the contact information at the bottom of this document to opt-out.
Information security: We take reasonable technical and physical security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include encryption, internal reviews of our data collection, best physical and digital storage and processing practices and security measures, keeping up to date with patches on all relevant software, as well as working with reliable cloud providers to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
12. How to Contact Us:
Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners
530 West 166th St, 4th floor
New York, NY 10032
Attn: Legal Department